Re: I'm using Debian 4.0r3 Now!Is the installation process the same as the ubuntu 8.04(Hardy)

> I discard installing Yade on Slackware because of the annoying dependency issue. I'm now using debian4.0r3 instead. is the installation process the same as the installation on ubuntu 8.04(Hardy)?An I prefer apt-get to aptitude. Does it matter?

Apt-get and aptitude are almost the same thing (aptitude tends to have
better conflict resolution in complex situations and has quite powerful
UI (apt-get has none), but neither is your issue now).

Installation will be the same as for hardy. Depending on whether you use
SVN (recommended) or the 0.11.* version of yade: in the latter case you
will have to use libqglviewer package which is in lenny; the binary is
broken in hardy and has to be recompiled from source package, maybe it
works out-of-box on lenny. If you use SVN, you don't need that.

Follow
http://yade.wikia.com/wiki/Installation_of_yade_on_debian_or_kubuntu and
let us know if you encounter some problems.

Vaclav