I'm using Debian 4.0r3 Now!Is the installation process the same as the ubuntu 8.04(Hardy)

Hi,everyone!
I discard installing Yade on Slackware because of the annoying dependency issue. I'm now using debian4.0r3 instead. is the installation process the same as the installation on ubuntu 8.04(Hardy)?An I prefer apt-get to aptitude. Does it matter?

                                                                                                                                                                              Shengxu Xia(hhu University)