Re: Velocities of non dynamic bodies, for contact laws ?

Hello, thank you for your answer, but I avoid that all this is not yet
perfectly clear for me :

sega a écrit :
>>> I have a question about the meaning of velocities of
>>> "non dynamic" bodies. Is it computed even if it is not set by an Engine,
>>> and if yes how ?
>>>

> No, as seems to me. The positions, velocities and so of "non dynamic"
> bodies is set only by an kinematic Engine.
>

>> Considering moreover the fact that in the contact laws that's the
>> velocities of the bodies which are used to compute the relative
>> displacements, how does this (well) work ?
>>

> With the linear velocities here no problem.
Why really no problem ? I wonder in fact about the case of an
interaction between a non dynamic body (whose velocity was never
affected by an Engine) and a dynamic one, example : a sphere and a wall
in the TriaxialTest. If the velocity of the wall is indeed zero (as it
was defined so in the createBox of the PreProcessor of TriaxialTest, and
never changed after), _whereas its position changes_, the computations
of relative displacements between this wall and the sphere will be
wrong, not ?
Thanks

Jerome