Re: Velocities of non dynamic bodies, for contact laws ?

>> I have a question about the meaning of velocities of
>> "non dynamic" bodies. Is it computed even if it is not set by an Engine,
>>and if yes how ?

No, as seems to me. The positions, velocities and so of "non dynamic"
bodies is set only by an kinematic Engine.

> Considering moreover the fact that in the contact laws that's the
> velocities of the bodies which are used to compute the relative
> displacements, how does this (well) work ?

With the linear velocities here no problem. But with the rotation of kinematic
body relative velocity at the contact point is defined correctly only if this
body rotated around its se3.position and the contact point lies on the line
linking bodies centers (at lest for ElasticContactLaw with
SphericalContactGeometry).

I think that the new attribute zeroPoint should be added to the class
RigidBody. This zeroPoint will determine the center of rotation kinematic
(non-isDynamic) body.

Best regards, Sergei D.