Re: Visualization not working over network, showing grey box

I was running an openGL app over LAN  and it workded resonably well.

Accelerated graphics has really two parts: DRI (direct rendering), where
the Xserver accesses video memory card directly and GL, which is the
rendering done on the card.

If you go over LAN with X11 (and GL is enabled), you don't have DRI, but
_do_ have accelerated rendering (it is still done on the graphics card).
OTOH, with VNC you don't have neither DRI nor accelerated rendering, I
think; that's why it's so slow.

Please post any messages from console, if there are any relevant to video.

You can try running glxgears (if that works) and post glxinfo output.

Vaclav