Flags "isNew" and "isReal" of interactions / computing tan(phi)

Hello everybody. I would have this time a question about the flags
"isNew" and "isReal" of interactions.
Considering simulations where you want change the friction angle of your
bodies (example : triaxial tests where you compact initially your sample
with phi = 0 for example, and then after you want make your "real"
simulations with phi = 30 degrees), the method setContactProperties
allows to do this, but it seems to me that there is a problem : this
method changes the values of friction angles of bodies and computes the
value of tan(phi) of the interactions between the bodies whose friction
angle changed, but _only if this interactions are real_.
    And the problem is that I found in my simulations interactions
between two given bodies which were created at a given instant (when the
friction angles were equal to 0) but became non real before the changes
in phi were set (and so these interactions were not changed at this
time), and then become again real, without passing through a "new" state
(which would allow their friction Angle to be correctly computed by the
"Relationships" of the contact law). So
- is it really possible for an interaction to follow these states :
(isNew = 1) => (isReal = 1 and isNew = 0) => (isReal = 0 and isNew = 0)
=> (isReal = 1 and isNew = 0) ? (and not isNew =1)
I think strongly that it is the case but if you say me that it is not
I'm ready to listen to your explanations

- what would you advice to do to solve these problems : computing the
values of properties of interactions always, even !isNew ??

Thanks

Jerome