Is it necesarry for me to be familiar with C++ to build my own discrete model?

Hi,
    I've just tried some of the file generators of yade . I'm going to build my own discrete element model. Is it a prerequisite to be familiar with C++ in order to build my own DE model(I'm still learning C++ now)? I want to build DE with cohesive law(simulation of such as rock, concrete mass etc.). Is there any shortcut to generate .xml file for my goal. Thank you !

                                                                                                                                                                                                                    xsxcn