Re: Is it necesarry for me to be familiar with C++ to build my own discrete model?

>  I've just tried some of the file generators of yade . I'm going to
> build my own discrete element model. Is it a prerequisite to be
> familiar with C++ in order to build my own DE model(I'm still learning
> C++ now)? I want to build DE with cohesive law(simulation of such as
> rock, concrete mass etc.). Is there any shortcut to generate .xml file
> for my goal. Thank you !

In any case, you need to have some understanding how yade itself works:
what are engines and so on. Scene can be created in c++ or in Python (see
http://yade.wikia.com/wiki/SimpleSceneTutorial for comparison - that is
as simple as a scene can be: sphere falling on a box); there are still
some issues with python but for me it works reasonably well and I don't
write scenes in c++ since a few months at all.

In general, it is better if you are familiar with c++ since many things
are not documented and you have to read sources to find out how it works
exactly. If you want to develop a new constitutive law, you will have to
write it in c++.

Regards, Vaclav