Re: system requirements

> I was wondering what the system requirements were (besides a NVedia
> graphics card), in order to run the Triaxial Test of 500+ particles
> that won't cause a decrease in frame rate or crash the system.
3d view runs in a separate thread, if you have reasonable graphics card
(can really be Intel or ATI just as well) and at least dual-core
processor, it shouldn't drop simulation speed (I think that is what you
mean by frame rate). On system with 1CPU graphics will always decrease
frame rate. If you get crashes of the system, it is bug in the videocard
driver (most likely); and you're probably screwed up since nvidia
drivers (capable of 3d) are closed source. You remedy might be to
display just wire_frame instead of the sptial sphere rendering - that is
much faster.

Vaclav