Re: system requirements

So NVidia bad?
Intel and ATI good?
Then I must have gotten confused with this:
"*Yade is using OpenGL to display 3D graphics. This currently works
correctly only with NVidia graphic cards (those cards have usually GeForce
in their name), and it is usually buggy with ATI graphic cards (those have
usually Radeon in their name). So if you have an ATI Radeon graphic card,
then skip this section (you should have bought nvidia ;)*."

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Václav S(milauer <eudoxos@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I was wondering what the system requirements were (besides a NVedia
> > graphics card), in order to run the Triaxial Test of 500+ particles
> > that won't cause a decrease in frame rate or crash the system.
> 3d view runs in a separate thread, if you have reasonable graphics card
> (can really be Intel or ATI just as well) and at least dual-core
> processor, it shouldn't drop simulation speed (I think that is what you
> mean by frame rate). On system with 1CPU graphics will always decrease
> frame rate. If you get crashes of the system, it is bug in the videocard
> driver (most likely); and you're probably screwed up since nvidia
> drivers (capable of 3d) are closed source. You remedy might be to
> display just wire_frame instead of the sptial sphere rendering - that is
> much faster.
>
> Vaclav

Daryl Begaye
Diné College
http://www.dinecollege.edu
Major(s): Computer Science and Fine Arts