LeapFrog integrators

Hello all,

I commited new versions of NewtonsDampedLaw and LeapFrog engines to SVN
today.
Using the new versions is highly recommended as the maximum timestep you
can use is at least 4 times larger and convergence is faster.
I could actually run simulations with dt up to 2*criticalTimeStep, i.e.
with globalStiffnessTimeStepper->safetyFactor = 2, correponding to dt 8
times larger than before (safetyFactor couldn't exceed 0.25 with the old
leapFrog algorithm). The default safetyFactor is now equal to 1.

Please report any problem.

Bruno

p.s. If you don't want to update the full yade code, you can always
download NewtonsDampedLaw.cpp alone and paste it into your sources.
p.s.(2) if you don't know what I'm speaking about, read comments in
NewtonsDampedLaw.hpp + discussion on "How to reset a body's velocity?"
in yade-users list.

Chareyre Bruno
Maitre de conference

Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
Laboratoire 3S (Soils Solids Structures) - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43