Re: An idea about YADE livecd

Hi,

for ubuntu, see https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDCustomization
(well, you should make a script to automate that, since yade is
evolving). I have no experience with doing that though.

> (1) The 3D graphic driver, I don't know if any Linux distro can come
> with a 3D integrated driver, otherwise we can still make it work using
> software rendering.

Ubuntu has 3d drivers for Intel, and the open-source ones for nvidia and
ATI. You can install proprietary nvidia/ati drivers by apt into the
image, I believe. You will have to find out what packages etc. The
yshould be picked up automagically on bootup.

> (3) The YADE version, I only have the experience on the current
> version at wikia, does anyone think it the best version to come with
> the livecd? or use the latest svn?

I would use latest SVN, it is quite stable for me. (Hey, how about a
release?)

Take space you need into account, also whether you will use the debug or
optimized build. I assume you want i386 as arch?

Regards, Vaclav