Re: An idea about YADE livecd

Hi,

I too am interested in a liveYADE, recently a colleague of mine brought to
my attention a live Debian distro called Paipix which has multiple drivers
for ATI and Nvida graphics/video cards and lets you choose which driver you
want to use at boot.

I think a Debian distro or Unbuntu distro with multi-drivers is the way to
go (paipix is just one example).  Currently I am experimenting with Sidux
(Debian sid distro) and Kubuntu, using Kubuntu I was able to download YADE
using *bzr branch lp:yade* and hopefully I can get it installed and produce
a liveCD.

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 2:51 PM, Chen, Feng <fchen3@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Hi, all:
>
> I am thinking of making a livecd for YADE so that it will be easier for
> anyone trying to demonstrate or use YADE before spending days compiling it,
> but there are several problems:
> (1) The 3D graphic driver, I don't know if any Linux distro can come with a
> 3D integrated driver, otherwise we can still make it work using software
> rendering.
> (2) The specific Linux distro, I am still running Fedora Core 4 and CentOS
> 5, however I wonder if anyone have an idea on which is the best platform for
> YADE? I know a lot of people like Ubuntu.
> (3) The YADE version, I only have the experience on the current version at
> wikia, does anyone think it the best version to come with the livecd? or use
> the latest svn?
>
> Above are the issues I thought of, welcome any other suggestions. Currently
> I am just planning, it will take might some couple of weeks before start.

Daryl Begaye
Diné College
http://www.dinecollege.edu
Major(s): Computer Science and Fine Arts