Re: An idea about YADE livecd

It would be perfect if we could use Kubuntu as it is what most of us are
using right now. From my previous experience, I'd say Kubuntu (or
Ubuntu) works perfectly on live CD (I'm not sure about graphic cards
drivers though...).

Bruno

Daryl Begaye a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I too am interested in a liveYADE, recently a colleague of mine
> brought to my attention a live Debian distro called Paipix which has
> multiple drivers for ATI and Nvida graphics/video cards and lets you
> choose which driver you want to use at boot.
>
> I think a Debian distro or Unbuntu distro with multi-drivers is the
> way to go (paipix is just one example).  Currently I am experimenting
> with Sidux (Debian sid distro) and Kubuntu, using Kubuntu I was able
> to download YADE using /bzr branch lp:yade/ and hopefully I can get it
> installed and produce a liveCD.
>

> On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 2:51 PM, Chen, Feng <fchen3@xxxxxxx
> <mailto:fchen3@xxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Hi, all:
>
>     I am thinking of making a livecd for YADE so that it will be
>     easier for anyone trying to demonstrate or use YADE before
>     spending days compiling it, but there are several problems:
>     (1) The 3D graphic driver, I don't know if any Linux distro can
>     come with a 3D integrated driver, otherwise we can still make it
>     work using software rendering.
>     (2) The specific Linux distro, I am still running Fedora Core 4
>     and CentOS 5, however I wonder if anyone have an idea on which is
>     the best platform for YADE? I know a lot of people like Ubuntu.
>     (3) The YADE version, I only have the experience on the current
>     version at wikia, does anyone think it the best version to come
>     with the livecd? or use the latest svn?
>
>     Above are the issues I thought of, welcome any other suggestions.
>     Currently I am just planning, it will take might some couple of
>     weeks before start.

> --
> Daryl Begaye
> Diné College
> http://www.dinecollege.edu
> Major(s): Computer Science and Fine Arts

Chareyre Bruno
Maitre de conference

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43