Re: Triaxial Test(PFC3D vs YADE)

mohammad islam a écrit :
> Hi All,
> I have did two types of test by PFC 3D and want to similar test on YADE.
> T1>Constant Mean Stress Path
> T2>Constant singa3
>
> In T1 ...PFC3D  Servo mechanism was activated(servo_yon=1) in 3
> direction and every step,constant mean stress was obtained.Now I am
> using YADE 12.rc1where by default a stress path is given,where lateral
> stress are equal and constant.

If I understand correctly, you are not speaking of PFC3D, you are
speaking instead of an example PFC3D program for simulating triaxial
tests (there is nothing as a triaxial test in PFC3D itself, there is
just balls and walls).
The difference matters : I know PFC but I never looked into example
files, so I can't see precisely what you refer to.

> I want to apply suppose s1 direction 13, s2 direction 12 and s3
> direction 10 MPa.Mean 35 MPa.Here how to apply servomechanism and how
> different s1,s2 and s3 have to apply?A little change essential.Where
> that change necessary?Any idea will be appreciable.

In TriaxialStressController.cpp, each wall is controlled independently
to reach a target stress. Nothing prevent you from setting different
target values for different directions (it has to be coded however,
because there is one unique "lateralStress" in 2 directions for the
moment, you need to split this variable into 3 if you want different
target stresses in different directions).

Bruno

> Regards,
> Nurul Islam
> *.................................*
> Mohammad Nurul Islam
> Soil Mechanics Lab
> Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
> Saitama University
> Japan.
> Mobile No. 080 3466 0918

Chareyre Bruno
Maitre de conference

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43