Re: Triaxial Test

I want to generate particles of size 2 mm. with a certain dispersion of 10 %.

I input the information to the TriaxialTest, density, modulate of elasticity, angle of friction, but the spheres that are generated do not agree what I wish.

My question is, I can control somehow the size of the spheres that the program generates to travez of an algorithm. If the response is positive, since place?

No problem. I don't work in fact with yade-0.12 but in my version of the TriaxialTest.cpp I have a variable "importFileName" which would help you. These "import files" are text files in which are stored all the informations about the spheres of your numerical sample, precisely and respectively : the X,Y and Z coordinates of the centers of the spheres, then their radius. The best for you is so to create yourself your own import file corresponding to what you want, put it in YADE/bin (I think) and type its name in "importFileName". Otherwise (if this importFileName is not defined by the user) this list of informations is generated by the Preprocessor, via a "GenerateCloud" method, and it is not surprising that it doesn't generate what you want.

For all that, see these lines at the end of the "generate" method of TriaxialTest (and at the end for the definition of the GenerateCloud) : NB : a BasicSphere is couple of a three real vector : the coordinates of the center and a real : the radius : ( (X,Y,Z),R)

   vector<BasicSphere> sphere_list;
if(importFilename!="") sphere_list=Shop::loadSpheresFromFile(importFilename,lowerCorner,upperCorner); else message+=GenerateCloud(sphere_list, lowerCorner, upperCorner, numberOfGrains, 0.3, 0.75); vector<BasicSphere>::iterator it = sphere_list.begin();
   vector<BasicSphere>::iterator it_end = sphere_list.end();
for (;it!=it_end; ++it)
   {
       cerr << "sphere (" << it->first << " " << it->second << ")"<<endl;
       createSphere(body,it->first,it->second,false,true);
       rootBody->bodies->insert(body);
}