Re: Triaxial Test

Balestrini Guillermo a écrit :
> Hello to all:
>
> Them memory that I am working with TriaxialTest
>
> Now then, I have been working with the program and meeting proved incoherent, because the calculation toerico of the angle of friction for state of break with s1 and s3, it does not coincide with the angle value of friction that correponde to "angleFrictionDeg"
Nothing wrong here.
This is a micro-mechanical model, so, input parameters are
micromechanical quantities that can't be compared directly with
continuum-equivalent quantities like stresses.

More precisely, the angle of friction in Yade is between bodies (it
defines the max shear force at contact as fn * tan(friction)).
You computed "angle of friction for state of break with s1 and s3",
which is of course "function of" but not "equal to" angleFrictionDeg.

Small question, by the way, why did you compare with peak friction and
not residual friction?

> I am interested in knowing if it is possible to work or estan uniting with cylindrical manometers, instead of prismatic.

You will need to develop your own preprocessor to do that.

Bruno

--

Chareyre Bruno

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43