Getting back lost files - .os - .so files

Hello. Due to updates a bit stupidely executed I have lost source files I wrote myself (say "JeromeFile.cpp" and hpp). I wonder if it is possible to get them back. In fact I found that there are always files JeromeFile.so and JeromeFile.os in some folders "build", and also links towards "JeromeFile.hpp". So I wonder if I could use this by any mean... This is also for me the time to ask what are exactly these .so and .os files and what is the use of these "build" folders in the running of Yade ? Thanks

Jerome

Follow ups