yade-users team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: Some Questions about YADE!
Hello, it is always nice to see people considering using Yade.
Please send your questions to Yade mailing list instead of private
emails to me, so the best person (depending on the question) will give
- My first question: dose it includes a facility to make it possible to consider the
aggregate shapes? For instance such that is provided by some softwares like PFC. As
you know there are two main options entitled Clumping and Clustering which make it
possible to combine a number of particles to make a simulation of the aggregates real
Yes, clumps have been implemented in Yade to simulate agregates of spheres.
- Is yade capable to employ a digital processed image as an input to generate the
model (at least in the 2D mode) instead of the random generated assembly?
Nothing for 2D (how can you generate a 3D model on the basis of 2D
images?!). However Janek Kozicki developped tools to turn the results of
3D tomography into Yade samples.
- Is there any previous experiences on employing YADE to investigate asphalt concrete
None that I know of.
- As I found the code was developed under the Python programming language. Is that the
programming language to be used for the purpose of the code modification?
Yade is coded in c++, Python is used for the command line interface.
You need to code in c++ if you want to develop new features, otherwise
python can be enough to create and run simulations.
- and my last question: is it available to conduct a parallel processing on a network
to decrease the computation time?
We are working on it, but I don't think it is fully functional yet.
Thank you in advance for your magnificent cooperations.
"Magnificient" is a minimum here. ;-)
Maitre de conference
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43