ssh and committing code

Hi,

I understand that to commit code to repository, I need to have a read/write access from subversion.

To download a subversion with read/write access I have to use ssh protocol, for instance:

svn checkout svn+ssh://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/yade/trunk

From my university, access outside the university with ssh is totally locked.
Hence my questions are:

1/ Do I really need to perform a checkout with svn and read/write access for then be able to submit code?

2/ If the answer is yes for question 1/, is there a way to perform a checkout with read/write access without using ssh?

  Thanks for your help

Luc

--
Luc Sibille

Université de Nantes - Laboratoire GeM UMR CNRS

IUT de Saint Nazaire
58, rue Michel-Ange - BP 420
44606 Saint-Nazaire Cedex, France

Tel: +33 (0)2 40 17 81 78