Re: ssh and committing code

Luc Sibille said:     (by the date of Fri, 06 Mar 2009 11:44:49 +0100)

>    I understand that to commit code to repository, I need to have a
> read/write access from subversion.
> To download a subversion with read/write access I have to use ssh
> protocol, for instance:
>
> svn checkout svn+ssh://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/yade/trunk
>
>  From my university, access outside the university with ssh is totally
> locked.
> Hence my questions are:
>
> 1/ Do I really need to perform a checkout with svn and read/write access
> for then be able to submit code?
>
> 2/ If the answer is yes for question 1/, is there a way to perform a
> checkout with read/write access without using ssh?

I guess that you have your network misconfigured, and that
you are using proxy for http. I've seen similar problems in 3s,
before.

Please ask your network administrator to verify that
your /etc/network/interfaces (and /etc/resolv.conf) files are
correct.

ssh access should not be locked, really - it is possible but extremely
unlikely, especially at the university. You need to ask admin about that.