Re: How to keep a constant stress boundary?

That reminds me, Bruno: could you make something like
TriaxialStressController but using MetaBody::{cellMin,cellMax} with
extra/PeriodicInsertionSortCollider instead of the 6 walls?

Wait a minute!! You mean you implemented periodic boundary conditions?!

Ideally, it would have the same interface as the current
TriaxialStressController (or make an abstract class that defines that)
and one could choose which to use (in TriaxialTest, for instance).

If I understand, the only question, appart from writing the code, is how to define the stress in X,Y,Z (could be done using Love-Weber stress computed on contacts, or perhaps you did something already?) and the stiffness of the sample. How to control the stress, is there some adjustable X,Y,Z lengths of the period, somewhere?

Have a look at scripts/test/periodic-compress.py and the
PeriodicIsoCompressor class -- it has much less features (and ambitions)
that full-fledged stress controller,I just use it to make dense periodic
packing.

Interesting, I'll have to give a look.

Bruno

Cheers, Vaclav

Chareyre Bruno
Maitre de Conferences

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43