Re: R: Re: R: Re: Contact detection

> I will deal with a dynamic problem and the global geometry is expected
> to change a lot during the simulation.
> Could you suggest me some papers where
> I can find an example in which the SPA was used? Or a reference where it is
> said that this contact detection method is fast or that it is fast according to
> a specific kind of problem? Do you know other DEM softwares that are using the
> SAP?

ESyS-particle uses grid collider:

https://svn.esscc.uq.edu.au/filedetails.php?repname=esys3++%28contains
+Esys-particle%29&path=%2Flsm%2Ftrunk%2Fntable%2Fsrc%
2Fntable.h&rev=0&sc=0
https://svn.esscc.uq.edu.au/filedetails.php?repname=esys3++%28contains
+Esys-particle%29&path=%2Flsm%2Ftrunk%2Fntable%2Fsrc%
2Fntable.hpp&rev=0&sc=0

The guys behind esys-particle are _really_ smart and
algorith-complexity-minded.

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/112140923/abstract shows that
grid collider has the same efficiency for loose/dense packings.