Re: New particle shape

boon chiaweng said:     (by the date of Fri, 20 Nov 2009 22:00:20 +0800)

> There should be advantages in polygonizing an arbitrary equation.  While looking for solutions for graphics, there are weird shapes that can be drawn using implicit equations..  I can't recall what shapes but they were recommending the "marching cube" algorithm..  In the OpenGl file for sphere, are the vertices and faces a general polygonization method for any equation?  Or is it only for a sphere-type particle? I'm a novice in this.

don't go into this direction unless you are more interested in
computer graphics than in ellipsoid interactions. In fact we even
have marching cubes implemented somewhere, but in your case a simple
drawing of a sphere scaled in radiusX,radiusY,radiusZ will just work.

> How do I make sure that, with time, OpenGL's orientation on the user interface is same as the quaternion which is used in calculation?

It is the same variable. So it is equal to itself :)