Re: Get sphere radius from bodies

> Thanks, Vaclav..  Now I'm still familiarizing with
> interactinggeometry.  And I see that there are the SCG and the newer
> DemXDofGeom.
>
> Q1.  May I know why do you project points on spheres to planes in
> DemXDorGeom?  It is cleaner than SCG but there're a lot more
> computations for sphere-sphere..

Yes, there is. At one point, I needed reliable (which was, back then,
almost synonymous with written-by-myself) code for computing strain; I
had problems with CPM constitutive law and suspected that the
incremental formulation of SCG might be the cause. It is not so much
slower than SCG (IIRC).

> Q2.  Since I'll be generally generating superquadratics, I'll have to
> use MarchingCube.hpp.  Glad that it is in YADE but I don't know how to
> use it...Is there an example?
No. Don't touch that code. It was written by a guy named Olivier Galizzi
and his code is way to hell; I will remove it right away so that you are
not temped. Seriously. See
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkMarchingCubes.html , that
will work. We are already using VTK in VTKRecorder, I will be using it
for triangulation, so no problem with dependencies. (You just have to
compile with the 'vtk' feature and add YADE_REQUIRE_FEATURE(vtk) to
your .cpp file).