Triax-lateral_stress

Hi,

during the triaxial test I should maintain the same lateral stress value
during the analysis, while the axial stress is increasing. The fact is that
from my simulation actually I see from the results that the lateral stress is
not kept constant, but it is increasing. How can I fix it? Am I wrong
somewhere?

Thanks a lot.

Nejib, I can confirm that with the boolean
autoCompressionActivation at the false value you stop the simulation right
after the isotropic compression phase.

Chiara

originale----
users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Ogg: Re: [Yade-users] (no subject)
>
>Hi Nejib,
>

>In the TriaxialCompressionEngine, I think there is a booleen that you
>can
swith from 1 to 0 to stop the computation when the compaction is
>finished. I
don't remember the name of the booleen, but it should be
>something like
"AutoCompressionActivation".

>About the stress deviator q: generally
speaking, during the compaction
>phase Yade tries to reach the same stress
value for the three space
>direction. During the compaction, sigma_1, sigma_2
et sigma_3 may be a
>little bit different, thus you can compute a non
vanishing q value
>(negative or positive), but q value should be very small
(and it is not
>really a problem).
>Does it solve your problem?
>
>   Luc
>

>nejib hadda a écrit :
>> I don't see how to seperate these two phases on yade.

>> In fact what I want to do is to compact my specimen before launching the

calculus so that I get the density I wish to have.
>> But here, yade do both
phases simultaniously, and the phase at which q
>> takes negatives values is
the phase of compaction which corresponds to
>> the first ietrations.
>>

>> Le mardi 08 décembre 2009 à 17:55 +0100, Luc Sibille a écrit :
>>> For which
phase have you got negative q values? The compaction phase,
>>> the deviatoric
phase, ... ?

YADE to have negative values for the
triaxial test and triaxial test water for
problem) until the specimen is
sudden fall in the value of
beginning of my simulations.

sigmaisocompactation near to value of