Re: triaxialtest

First, please reply to the yade-users mailing list and not to me. Your questions may be usefull for others, and others can help you much better than me!

About your questions: replies below

nejib hadda a écrit :
Hi Luc,
I have noticed it thanks to your last mail, but still there are some
questions that I'm not sure about the answer and it would be great if
you clarify things to me :

1-  Is the default triaxialtest response with lateral move of the walls
corresponds to the triaxial test with axial load. Elsewhere, what shall
I do?

I am not sure to very well understand your question... do you mean: how to impose stress paths different of the axisymmetric triaxial compression?

2-  in theory q = sigma11-sigma33, but on Yade it is in fact
sigma22-sigma33. (triaxialtest, triaxialtestwater)

Yes by default with TriaxialCompressionEngine the axial direction is the direction 22, but if you sample is isotropic the compression direction should influence the result (and if you want to add gravity, you add gravity in the direction you want to, direction 22 for instance). Actually sigma11 may be a little bit different of sigma33 so you can compute q = sigma22 - (sigma11+sigma33)/2.

3-  Why does Yade go on with calculations until epsilon22 is equal to
50% which does not corresponds to small deformations hypothesis.

You can change this value of 50% in the xml, so you stop the simulation when you want, it is just a default value. Strains computed in the TriaxialStressController are logarithmic strains, thus they should be valid for large displacements. Have a look in the archive of the mailing list, I think there is questions / answers about that.

Luc

Nejib