Re: CGAL, triangulation, MMA

Hi Boon,

Q1. Bruno has developed the MicroMacroAnalyzer and written a documentation on it in the web. https://yade-dem.org/index.php/Triangulation How do I setup the CGAL libraries to use it? It would be great if someone can tell me how CGAL is linked to scons in YADE. Since it is going to have license issues, maybe i should get it while it is still free.

You call this a "documentation"? I'm glad to hear that! ;-)

installing cgal : "sudo aptitude install cgal"
Enable "cgal" feature in yade.

Q2. Please let me know if there are other equivalent ways of doing things like MicroMacroAnalyzer.
It depends what you want to do.
Q3. Quote "Strains can be recomputed later (out of yade) with different interval sizes (like [n,n+2N], [n,n+3N], etc.) " What is [n,n+2N]?

The iteration corresponding to one saved state (N is the interval).
Q4. Any other basic advice on how to get started with MMA will be wonderful.

Same answer as before : I can't help if I don't know what you want to do. Quite honestly, MMA it is not supposed to be a "ready to use" feature. It is too specific for that (and also still a bit "hot" in terms of publication). I can try and make it more user-friendly in the future, if it turns out that the licence issue can be fixed.

Bruno

--

Chareyre Bruno

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43