[Fwd: Re: Saving/Reloadind]

(Sorry, I sent to you private address...)

For what Jerome says (O.load, O.save), that saves to disk; saving to
memory can be faster and will not leave files behind once you exit yade.

Cheers, Vaclav
--- Begin Message ---
> question about saving and reloading xml files. In Yade documentation website
> Vaclav says that it is possible to temporary store the simulation and starting
> it again from that point. How can I put a checkpoint in the simulation in order
> to stop, save and reload it? Any example with python/c++? For instance for the
> triaxial or whatever.

# anonymous (default):
O.saveTmp()
O.loadTmp()

# named; different names can be used without interference
O.saveTmp('foo')
O.loadTmp('foo')

https://www.yade-dem.org/epydoc/yade.wrapper.Omega-class.html

On the c++ side, have a look at how those are implemented in pyOmega
(py/yadeWrapper/yadeWrapper.cpp)

Cheers, v

--- End Message ---