Re: R: Re: Damping/Porosity

Actually, as expected, I also tryed to block the particle rotations and repeting the test I have got a completly different result in terms of stresses. Moreover doing that I got the porosity I wanted in my case (since I am doing some comparisons with other results).

Blocked rotations are not exactly realistic, and the packing will be unstable if you free the DOFs before the test (exactly the same situation as if compFrict>testFrict). Rotational friction (recent Boon's law) is based on more rational physics, and would also result in higher porosity.

Bruno