Re: [yade-users] Geometry efffects in triaxial loadings?

Unfortunately, the correction does not affect my results. Indeed, as I said,
the 3 strain rates were equal, and this is what the equations below should
provide if I understand well. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I attached here
the evolutions of the 3 strains during the same test. You can see the delay
between the 3 strains to reach the desired stress level. I told you about
"relaxation" effects because of the transition between compression and
dilation when the axial stress (see E2) level is reached. I tried by
decreasing the maxVel and by decresing the time step, but I still have the
same delay...

In fact, I don't really know if my problem (say, less deformation in the
axial direction than in the radial ones to reach the same stress level) is
really a problem... I would expect to have identical deformations (and I
insist on deformation and not displacement!) in each directions to produce
the same increase in stress, assuming that the sample is isotropic and
homogeneous, but it seems that I was wrong...

Many thanks for your help

  Luc

ps: I found another tiny error in TriaxialStressController. It was in the
computation of the wall thickness (see rev 2068). It affected the case where
the thickness parameter was not specified.