Re: how can I simulate plane of glass

2010/3/30 Václav Šmilauer <eudoxos@xxxxxxxx>

> > I want to simulate fracture behaviour of glass.
> > 1- How can I apply the constraint on it's  edges?
> UniaxialStrainer, if you need just uniaxial tension/compression; that
> really depends on what kind of condition you need to apply.

I want simulate Missile impact on glass, so the glass must have constraint
on it's edges

> > 2- With Cpm material and interaction physic and law, I can model the
> > glass? if no, with which law I can?
> Cpm classes are for concrete and I would think (by intuition) that glass
> should brittle failure, whereas concrete is somewhat ductile. Do you
> have formulation for particle glass model? Then we might help you
> better. It is quite probable that writing special law for glass will be
> the right way.
> > 3- If I want have Kn, Ks constant during simulation how can I give my
> > values? should be written a new class?
> Depends on the law you use. (To my knowledge, all current laws keep
> constant stiffnesses of interactions.)

I want do same this paper:
*1- "Investigation of impact fracture behavior of automobile laminated glass
by 3D discrete element method" (M. Y. Zang · Z. Lei · S. F. Wang,2007)*
*
http://www.springerlink.com/content/9w724n3p43420211/?p=24a11cb5f9bd408a8041e03961c7ec13&pi=0
*
but Kn and Ks in this paper is not correct.

If it is possible I want use Kn , Ks in paper of Wang , Mora
*2- "Macroscopic elastic properties of regular lattices" (Yucang Wang ,
Peter Mora,2008)
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jmps.2008.08.011*

*3- A finite deformation method for discrete modeling: particle rotation and
parameter calibration(Yucang Wang · Fernando Alonso-Marroquin,2009)
http://www.springerlink.com/content/412t27w5955643jl/

*I saw the files of yade but I don't underestand how the Kn , Ks are
calculated,
I know that Cpm is for Concrete but in the other law it seems that  there is
no tension,
the model in the above papers is not for particular material and Kn, Ks is
only depend
E, poisson' ratio and sphere radius.
You think I can use your models? which model?
or I have to write my code?