Re: how can I simulate plane of glass

<http://www.springerlink.com/content/412t27w5955643jl/>Hello
I saw the files of yade but I don't underestand how the Kn , Ks are calculated,
In the frictional model, there is no tension, that is true. I think you need Cpm (or CohesiveFrictionalLaw) if you want tension. I all cases, kn/ks are user-defined constants, function of modulus, size of elements, and ration ks/kn. In Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_FrictPhys or in CohesiveFrictionalRelationShips, it will give Kn=E*d, in Cpm it will be Kn=pi/2*E*d (right?). In both cases, you can just invert the relations to define which "E" corresponds to your desired Kn.
I know that Cpm is for Concrete but in the other law it seems that there is no tension, the model in the above papers is not for particular material and Kn, Ks is only depend
E, poisson' ratio and sphere radius.
Cpm being for concrete should not be a problem, you don't need to write any code as long as you want the same simple laws as in your papers. Besides, in Alonso's paper, Kn/Ks depend not only on E, Poisson and size, they also depend on the considered packing arrangement. Which one do you choose?

Bruno