Re: walls of the triaxial test

> I have a colleague in Italy that is studying masonry structures and
> that would like to approach the dem for this purpose. He actually
> needs interactions between boxes. Would Yade be suitable for this kind
> of project? Would be the implementation part, eventually needed,
> achievable (although I do not know the c++ knowledge of this guy)?

He would have to implement box-box interactions; I think it is more work
of thought (than knowledge of c++), as you have to handle vertex+facet
edge+edge &c collisions; and there are also singular cases, therefore he
may need to smooth the corners and edges...

He might try to implement general convex polyhedra as minkowski sums
instead (on which lots of articles was written), which would work for
boxes as well, including rounded bricks.

Third option is to complete the incomplete volumetric tetrahedra
formulation, which I attempted 3 years back but never finished and
create brick as clump of 3 tetrahedra.

That said, IIRC some people (Bićanić?) were using DEM with implicit
integration for brick structures, which apparently worked well. You can
look at scholar.google.com.