Re: walls of the triaxial test

> I believed there was something implemented in Yade to describe
> interactions between boxes as shown here:
>
> https://yade-dem.org/wiki/Scr:Simple_Spring
>
> Maybe it was quite simple, but it can constitute a beginning.

The InteractionGeometry was called ClosestFeatures (and the contact law
IIRC FrictionLessContactLaw); it was simply computing maximum
penetration of objects. There was no friction, since it wasn't defining
any shear displacement, perhaps not even contact plane in the usual
sense. While this is probably OK for games and animations, I don't think
it is sufficient for some serious modeling.

It was removed from yade more than year ago, as there was no use of it,
the code was not pretty and the physical meaning was... questionable at
least.

It could be an inspiration for your colleague, though.

Cheers, Vaclav