Re: Real interaction

If one does not include in the contact law to request the erase of the interaction for a certain condition, the interaction being real will always remain such. Is this right? Is this design thought to facilitate the implementation of cohesive laws?
Yes, and other distant laws too.
In my mind I was thinking I would assign to the collider the care of maintaining real an interaction or not.
In previous versions, you could switch on/off automatic deletion handling inside the collider (even before, there was no switch and the collider was _always_ erasing distant interactions). It could be set back that way probably, but it doesn't really change the problem : the user has to keep in mind to put "requestErase" in his law, in one case, OR he has to remember to set collider->eraseDistant =true in his simulation in the other case.

For laws that need adhesion/cohesion in the normal/shear direction we can still play in the contact law having enlarged bounding boxes. Would not be the same?

Enlarging bboxes gives cpu time penalty (more virtuals), it is better to not enlarge and requestErase in functors.

Bruno