Re: TranslationEngine Vs JumpChangeSe3

 Prescribing displacement (even by fixing position of
support) means that energy might disappear from the system...

By definition, you impose displacement on a non-equilibrated body. So that if you impose a displacement "du" on body "i", you provide energy du*force[i] to the system, which is in turn transformed into elastic, plastic, or kinetic (in other bodies) energy. Not sure I understood the point, though. I must admit I still don't understand how a velocity can be imposed to dynamic bodies. Also, kinetic energy of velocity/displacement controlled bodies should not count in the total kinetic energy, only prescribed-force bodies should.

Chiara, did you try the blockedDOF trick?

Bruno