Re: Yade 0.50 released

Thanks to everybody for nice reactions, which are encouraging :-)

I would like to take this as an opportunity to invite you to not
hesitate to contribute to Yade, if you can. Yade needs you, so to speak.
Yade needs both bright ideas and excellent implementation work.

For Yade in general, I think there are 3 general areas which call for
serious interest in the future:

1. We should derive (some is already published) and implement consistent
displacement evaluation for all 6 degrees of freedom, both incremental
and total formulations, with one single interface. The
Dem3DofGeom/ScGeom split is awkward.

2. Some more scalable collider should be written. There is bunch of
papers on that, plus some open-source implementations for inspiration
(esys-particle, for instance). Otherwise we never go over several 100k
particles. Big task.

3. The dispatch mechanism is unnecessarily slow, I think we have perhaps
20% of speedup there  (I have something in mind, but might not implement
it).

Best, Václav