Re: Elastic energy

chiara modenese said:     (by the date of Sun, 4 Jul 2010 19:22:01 +0000)

> > This might be not true for slipping - we are entering plastic
> > behaviour regime. See below.
> >
> Jan, I think there is some misunderstanding here. Or maybe you are not
> updated with the way we calculate plastic dissipation. We do it
> _incrementally_. See the code in plasticDissipation() and see also attached
> files I sent to Bruno a while ago which explain more analytically the
> concept.
> The elastic part can be always computed in a once analytically since anyway
> the friction force cannot overcome the maximum value. Therefore what we
> compute in elasticEnergy is only elastic part, both for shear and normal
> direction.

yes, I am not updated on the topic. You're helping me to get back on
track. I'm sorry if that is disturbing for you ;) Please call me
Janek btw, because there's another Jan around here.

In the other email I was trying to find that plastic part and compare
with that other (trapezoidal) approach, but I didn't finish that today.

Thank you for the attached .pdfs.
--
Janek Kozicki                               http://janek.kozicki.pl/  |