Fw: Re: hello? -installing paraview?

woops..

--- On Mon, 7/5/10, Michael Jensen <jenmichael2000@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Michael Jensen <jenmichael2000@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Yade-users] hello? -installing paraview?
To: "Anton Gladky" <gladky.anton@xxxxxxxxx>

salutations anton :-D

nice to
see ample evidence of friendly people out there :-D

my
question has evolved a bit, taking into consideration the posts of
others..

let me start here:  there is another
conversation on this mailing list, conserning "how to do the
video".  in response to this conversation, vaclav added
some seemingly very helpful documentation to the users manual:

“I added a section on that in the
documentation
at
https://www.yade-dem.org/sphinx/user.html#d-rendering-videos

HTH,
Václav”

There are clearly two decent ways of
making video, “Periodic frame snapshot using SnapshotEngine
(see examples/bulldozer.py
for a full example):”, and using paraview.  I have not tried the
first yet, although I will, but tried to get a coppy of paraview,
assuming that the added effort would probably be worth it in the long
run.

To make a long story short, I followed
the link, tracked down online how to install tar.gz files, and
promptly fell on my face.  I followed this tutorial:
http://www.tuxfiles.org/linuxhelp/softinstall.html,
whose instructions are echoed on other sites.  Their third
instruction in ./configure .  When I put this in, I get the error
message:  bash: ./configure: No such file or directory.  The folder
that was created when I followed the other steps only has bin and lib
folders, nowhere can I find files like configure, install, readme, or
make, though I might have missed them.

I am wondering what you make of this?
My laptop says it is powered by amd turion 64x2, so I assume I got
the right distribution, the one for 64 bit, not 32..

thank's for the help, and i'll get back
to you with other questions as I run into the walls :)

cheers,

-mike :)