Re: Elastic energy

> > I'm wondering if the problem is not just the time integration scheme :
> > if a bouncing is described in 2-3 steps, the approximation of
> > derivatives is horrible, and it might well create energy artificialy.
> > Perhaps Cundall introduced global damping for a reason...

This is a very good point, and I have heard people here saying exactly the
same. This is the reason why I started caring about energy conservation.
Maybe we should modify the integration algorithm say acting on the
velocities?
However, if the integration scheme is affected by such approximation, then
why with no friction energy remains constant? If it is really the
integration scheme, I think we should have the same kind of problem also
without friction.

PS @Bruno, I am not receiving your mails at all, I see them only in other
people's post. Just me?