From: Anton Gladky <gladky.anton@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Yade-users] hello? -help with a spinning bucket!
To: yade-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

One of the task, what I am working now is a screw conveyor simulation.
It is not like your spinning cylinder, but something more-less similar.

I am satisfied with first results. Of course, there are some problems, but they always exist.

So, I think you should dive into code a little bit, make calibration, parameters defining etc...
You should prepare for long monotone painstaking work, which will bring good results.
Good luck!

2010/7/8 Václav Šmilauer <eudoxos@xxxxxxxx>

> on the first look, your model requires calibration (physical

> parameters, time-step etc.).

> Calibration is a very important part of work.

Yes, I second that.

There is a critical timestep for the integration, but depending on the

velocity magnitude of your particles, you might have to make the

timestep smaller, otherwise pathological effects like unstable

interactions (which can lead to leaking a particle through a facet)

might occur. Try decreasing it 2x or more and you will see if it makes a

difference. I was not sure if there were some particles going through,

since most or all are going through the top.