Re: PSD triaxial

On 09/07/10 19:14, chiara modenese wrote:
Hello all,

I am trying to run a triaxial adopting a rather wide range of radii (though I know this could cause a high computational time)
You can always assign a constant mass whatever the size, then you'll have no timestep problem.
but I do not succeed in doing it. The algorithm which generates the particles inside the box seems always to exceed the number of tries. Porosity with which the particles are generated is already very high. Any hints? Is there any limit StdDev which one can assume?

There is no limit, except if the distribution generates spheres larger than the box...
Increase porosity even more?

Bruno