Re: Sample uniformity

Hi,

Maybe you should wait for more experienced advices, but here is "humble"
suggestions:

First, have you used the utils.plotDir on the entire volume of the assembly?
If yes, I think that it is quite normal that you have preferential
directions due to the action of boundary walls. Try to use
utils.plotDirections(utils.aabbExtrema(.2)). It will compute contact
orientation distribution, but inside 0.8 of the whole volume (.2 or anything
else BTW).

Actually, this issue makes me think about the use of "walls" to apply
cohesive pre-generated assemblies (extreme case here), I can see that walls
only apply forces on few particles (often less than 10%) of the packing
surface (unfortunately, I don't have it here, but I have an explicit picture
showing this "pb". Will try to include it Monday). So here is a question for
everyone:

Saying that boundary particles can be identified (actually I tried with
Python and it is quite easy), would it be possible/relevant/easy to replace
each wall element by a list of particles in the Triaxial files without
causing big changes?

Besides the consequences in terms of "homogeneity", this "trick" would also
allow to get rid of the ScGeom need for performing triaxial tests...

Any advice on that?

Cheers

  Luc