Sample uniformity

Hi all,

I would have a question about the uniformity of the packing in the triaxial.
There is a nice function utils.plotDirections() which returns the
orientation of the interactions with respect to the three planes of the
global system. I was using this function at the end of the initial phase of
the triaxial, both trying the compaction and the expansion method
alternatively. I am getting preferential directions along the vertical and
horizontal global axes. I was expecting a better solution adopting the
expansion method but apparently it does not help too much.
Did/Do you have the same problem? What would you suggest to avoid it?

Thanks.

Chiara

Follow ups