Re: real-time visualization

chiara modenese said:     (by the date of Tue, 13 Jul 2010 13:34:52 +0100)

> > I remember Janek (two years ago..) playing with the display options of
> > Simulation Controller making appear/disappear arrows representing
> > velocities, accelerations, simultaneously during a simulation..
> >
> Oh it would be good to have it working again, maybe Janek could tell us how
> to do/restore it?

I must have been using different Dispatcher 1D for displaying them.
It is possible that Vaclav removed this during total cleaning phase.

Then main problem was, that it wasn't possible to expose to UI/GUI
the config options of the GL draw functors.

And because of this problem I had to recompile every time when I
wanted to display those arrows or not. This made those functors
really unconfigurable and annoying.

It is likely that this is going to change, eg. with that qt tree view :)

And then, if we could click on a functor, what you want to display,
it would be so many possibilities available at once, and drawing
arrows would be really simple.

OTOH if you just want to display those arrows, in a hardcoded way,
then you need to add a GL draw functor which is drawing forces.

--
Janek Kozicki                               http://janek.kozicki.pl/  |