From: yade-users-bounces+ken_mendoza=ices.a-star.edu.sg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [yade-users-bounces+ken_mendoza=ices.a-star.edu.sg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Anton Gladky [gladky.anton@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 15 September 2010 16:55
To: yade-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Yade-users] Visualisation problem: particles "drifting off" while maintaining container volume

Hi,

try to use glyphes, as here described https://www.yade-dem.org/sphinx/user.html?highlight=glyph#loading-data-into-paraview

Anton

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Ken Mendoza <ken_mendoza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ken_mendoza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently running a simulation of a screw extruder on yade.

The simulation runs as per normal for the 1st 300 iterations (screenshot_1) but after that I notice the mass of particles drifting out of the extruder volume while maintaining its shape as if it were still inside the container (screenshot_2). This happened when viewing the vtu files from paraview. Changing the viewing angle on paraview shows the mass of particles always drifting towards the screen & out of the volume (screenshot_3,screenshot_4,screenshot_5).

The meshing of the geometry was performed with gmsh & both Bo1_Sphere_Aabb(aabbEnlargeFactor=intradius) & Bo1_Facet_Aabb() have been loaded in the bound dispatcher (the simulation after all runs normally for the 1st 300 iterations)

Is this an error in recording of the vtu files?

Thanks,
Ken

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately.
Please do not copy it or use it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.