Re: the relationship of poisson ratio and tangential stiffness

Hello,

particle (sphere to be more concrete) modeling of materials with Poisson's ratio over 0.25 is a bit tricky.. I have done a study on it, and (using uniform sphere radius and random dense pack) the only chance seems to define zero shear stiffness and to have low interaction radius (enlargeFactor of BoundDispatcher and InteractionDispatcher), see the last graphs in
https://yade-dem.org/w/images/6/64/Stransky2010-Macroscopic-elastic-properties-of-particle-models.pdf
However, if another particle shape, nonuniform radius or different packing were used, the results could be different :-)
cheers