Re: Cell mass

Hi Bruno,

On 14 November 2010 14:51, Bruno Chareyre <bruno.chareyre@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I meant, find a value suitable for you, and then change cell dimensions,
> everything else equal. Do instabilities appear in this case?

Ok, will try.

> It has a physical meaning and a clear role : it defines an inertia linking
> time derivative of strain rate (strain acceleration) and a stress. I
> recognize however there is a dimensional mismatch at the moment, the reason
> is unclear to me (there should be a squared length somewhere).

Yes, you are right because the formula reported in line 195 is not
dimensionally correct.

I have no idea. Another way is non-dynamic control of stress in the period.
Ok, will also try to make use of the non-dynamic stress control. Now,
looking at the formula in line 190 of PeriIsoCompressor, it does not look
dimensionally correct either. Can anyone correct me if I am wrong? Does it
matter, at this point, if the strain rate is updatd in such a way that the
additional term is dimensionally incorrect?

Thank you very much for your answer,
Chiara