Re: Combining engines prescribing movement

Hi Jan,

In many cases (perhaps not yours) the simpler way is to prescribe velocity on non-dynamic
bodies. That way, you don't need engines, and you are sure you are not breaking any of the
constitutive laws.
Say, you want the position of body "i" to be Xi=a.sin(wt), then you assign
O.bodies[i].state.vel=aw.cos(wt) in python.
My two cents.

Bruno

On 19/11/10 10:33, Jan Stránský wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is it possible to combine more engines prescribing movement? for example (I know there is HelixEngine implemented, but suppose for a while it is not :-) if I want to combine translation and rotation to create a helix, can I somehow combine them, or for every such combination would I need to implement new engine?
>
> thanks and have a nice day
> Regards
> Jan

Bruno Chareyre
Associate Professor
ENSE³ - Grenoble INP
Lab. 3SR
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : +33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : +33 4 76 82 70 43